Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Charitable Atheism is up and Running

My new blog project is up and running over at WordPress. I'd like to invite those who have read this blog to make their way over there and comment on what you see.

The project to audit Professor Ed Feser's book on Aquinas will begin September 1. The intellectual challenge of it seems to be appropriate to a "back to school" time of year.

I've posted some blogs on current events and the purpose of charitable atheism in my criticism of a New Atheist canard I call "The Jerry MaGuire Defense". I've already have been accused by fellow atheists of not being a "real atheist" due to my desire to expand reason through charitable investigation of belief rather than my prior strategy of debunking religious claims through shame and ridicule. So, I now am not a "real Christian" nor am I a "real atheist". I understand the criticism but, for me, the latter strategy allows for greater peace and happiness and therefore, my moral instincts seem to inform me that it may have greater ethical value.

Thanks for the comments here and please comment on the new site.

I'd love to hear your ideas for topics we might discuss at the new site and will take them under consideration as series ideas. Peace.

3 comments:

Stephen Banicki said...

Thanks for visiting my blog at Free Our Free Markets. Why did you switch to Word Press?

Chuck said...

I switched to WordPress because the interface allows for better templates and the ability to schedule postings. It also assists with HTML tags and can link to my .mac rather than gmail account (my primary account). I think I might still blog here but am interested in examining some thoughts on religion. I really enjoy your blog and am grateful for your honesty.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

You go, dude! Meet me Upstairs. God bless you.